This dish must go under the, 'Not So Portuguese' category which I intend to set up. This dish has all the ingredients the Portuguese love, but I'd say it's probably more Spanish than Portuguese. Never the less it's delicious. You can make this dish for Sunday brunch if you have the energy or for a weekend lunch.
I've made this dish for my family at dinner time when I don't want to slave over a hot stove.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4 people)
- 1x12 pkt tortilla wrap small/med size
- 8 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 1 tea salt
- 1/2 tea white pepper
- 2 chorizo, sliced
- 1 bunch coriander,chopped
- 2 tea tajine mix or paprika
- 2 large tomato, diced
- 1 bunch shallots(scallion), chopped
- 50g shredded tasty cheese or 1 slice
- 1 pkt (300ml) sour cream
- drizzle of olive oil
1. Crack the eggs into a bowl lightly beating them, then add the milk, salt and pepper.
2. Dice the tomato into small cubes, then add the shallots, coriander and the tajine mix,add a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Cut the chorizo into slices, grill or pan fry until crispy, then place to the side.
4. Heat a fry pan add a drizzle of olive oil then add the eggs and scramble lightly. Don't overcook them, leave them a bit under done.
5. On a work surface place the tortilla down, lay 4 pieces of chorizo slices, a sprinkle of coriander, same scrambled egg(divide the eggs between 4 tortillas), cheese & tajine spice.
6. Wrap the tortilla. Then fry the tortilla in a non stick pan on low/medium heat or place the tortilla in a sandwich press.
- You can use parsley instead of coriander.
- Use any type of spice that has a chili & paprika base, such as Moroccan, tajine or anything else.
- The reason you want to under cook your eggs is that when you cook the tortilla the eggs will cook again, therefore you don't want them too dry and rubbery.
- You can add a drizzle of oil to your salsa if you like.